27 January 2009

Ex-Editor Launches Grassroots Site

A former newspaper editor has created a hyperlocal news website covering his old stomping ground.

Following redundancy from Newsquest’s Epping Forest Guardian, David Jackman decided to launch a community news website for his old Essex patch - EverythingEppingForest.co.uk.



“In a way I guess it felt like I owed it to the district and the countless contacts I had established over the years,” he told HoldTheFrontPage.co.uk.

He added: “I’ve lived in the area almost all my life and know people value the ‘community news’ element of their local newspaper.

“They see their local newspaper as a different read to their daily national paper and, while they want to be able to read about major crime and the big council issues, they also want to read about who spoke at the last WI meeting.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to JP Digital Digest by Email Add to Technorati Favorites